Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial and manufacturing engineers conduct studies, and develop and supervise programs to achieve the best use of equipment, human resources, technology, materials and procedures to enhance efficiency and productivity. Industrial and manufacturing engineers are employed in consulting firms, manufacturing and processing companies, in government, financial, health care and other institutions, or they may be self-employed.
engineer, computer integrated manufacturing (CIM), fire prevention engineer, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, plant engineer, production engineer, quality control engineer, safety engineer, work measurement engineer.
- Plan and design plant layouts and facilities
- Study new machinery and facilities and recommend or select efficient combinations
- Develop flexible or integrated manufacturing systems and procedures
- Conduct studies and implement programs to determine optimum inventory levels for production and to allow optimum utilization of machinery, materials and resources
- Analyze costs of production
- Design, develop and conduct time studies and work simplification programs
- Determine human resource and skill requirements and develop training programs
- Develop performance standards, evaluation systems and wage and incentive programs
- Conduct studies of the reliability and performance of plant facilities and production or administrative systems
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs
- Establish programs and conduct studies to enhance industrial health and safety or to identify and correct fire and other hazards
- Evaluate or assess industrial facilities
- Supervise technicians, technologists, analysts, administrative staff and other engineers.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial and Manufacturing Engineers in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Brooks Asphalt and Concrete has been awarded a $2M contract for paving and construction by the Town of Stettler
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- BBC Contractors won the bid to construct the $1.6M Carseland Lagoon earthworks and piping modifications
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Lakeland College is cutting programs and services at the Vermilion and Lloydminster campuses for the 2013-2014 school year. It is estimated that 43 permanent jobs will be eliminated.
- The Alberta Health Services closure of the long-term facility at Strathmore Hospital will affect 19 employees
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Samson Cree Nation pilot program for entrepreneurs started March 4, 2013
- Hope College to launch in Drumheller in fall 2013
- The Whitesand Hutterian Brethren are constructing farm dwellings east of Stettler
- Construction begins on new Rotary Youth Centre in Camrose with completion planned by July 1, 2013
- The Tri-County Job and Career Fair will be held in Killam on May 7, 2013
- Date Modified: