Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanical engineers research, design and develop machinery and systems for heating, ventilating and air conditioning, power generation, transportation, processing and manufacturing. They also perform duties related to the evaluation, installation, operation and maintenance of mechanical systems. Mechanical engineers are employed by consulting firms, by power-generating utilities and in a wide range of manufacturing, processing and transportation industries, or they may be self-employed.
acoustics engineer, automotive engineer, design engineer – mechanical, energy conservation engineer, engineer, power generation, fluid mechanics engineer, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) engineer, mechanical engineer, mechanical maintenance engineer, nuclear engineer, piping engineer, refrigeration engineer, robotics engineer, thermal design engineer, tool engineer.
- Conduct research into the feasibility, design, operation and performance of mechanisms, components and systems
- Plan and manage projects, and prepare material, cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications for machinery and systems
- Design power plants, machines, components, tools, fixtures and equipment
- Analyze dynamics and vibrations of mechanical systems and structures
- Supervise and inspect the installation, modification and commissioning of mechanical systems at construction sites or in industrial facilities
- Develop maintenance standards, schedules and programs and provide guidance to industrial maintenance crews
- Investigate mechanical failures or unexpected maintenance problems
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for industrial construction or maintenance
- Supervise technicians, technologists and other engineers and review and approve designs, calculations and cost estimates.
Outlook & Prospects for Mechanical Engineers in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Alberta.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
|Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region||N/A||N/A|
|Camrose--Drumheller Region||<Not assigned>||0001-01-01|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
|Red Deer Region||<Not assigned>||2012-07-13|
|Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region||N/A||N/A|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Capital Power has selected Genesee as the site for a natural gas powered electricity generating plant. Construction is planned to start in 2015.
- The University of Calgary and the Alberta Children's Hospital Research Institute for Child and Maternal Health have received $1.6M in funding to establish a new research laboratory
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
Week of Mar 04 – Mar 08, 2013
- The Village of Lomond has received support from the Community Infrastructure Improvement Fund for refurbishment of its water treatment facility
Week of Nov 05 – Nov 09, 2012
- Date Modified: