Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Purchasing and inventory clerks process purchasing transactions and maintain inventories of materials, equipment and stock. They are employed by retail and wholesale establishments, manufacturing companies, government agencies and other establishments.
inventory analyst, inventory clerk, inventory control clerk, inventory planner, procurement clerk, purchasing clerk, purchasing clerk assistant.
- Review requisition orders for accuracy and verify that materials, equipment and stock are not available from current inventories
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers and prepare purchase orders
- Calculate cost of orders and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts
- Process purchases within purchasing authority
- Contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Monitor inventory levels as materials, equipment and stock are issued, transferred within an establishment or sold to the public using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand, using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment and stock
- Maintain stock rotation and dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Enter data for production scheduling, stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments
- Reconcile physical inventories with computer counts.
Outlook & Prospects for Purchasing and Inventory Clerks in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 14 - Oct 18, 2013
- Cargill estimates that construction of the canola crushing plant in Camrose will provide up to $30M worth of work for local contractors. The City approved a series of upgrades required for the plant, which is expected to be operating around 2014-2015.
- Gibson Energy has announced a new major oil terminal at Hardisty for loading unit trains. Gibson has scheduled the terminal to be operational by March 2014.
- Mr. Mikes SteakhouseCasual is hiring up to 80 employees for a new location in Camrose, with a planned opening in 2014
- Date Modified: