Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Production clerks co-ordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within an establishment, prepare work and production schedules and monitor the progress of production and construction projects. Production clerks are employed by manufacturing and construction companies, printing and publishing companies and other industrial establishments.
expediter, material estimator, production clerk, production co-ordinator, production scheduler, scheduling clerk, traffic control clerk.
- Compile detailed worksheets and specifications from customer's order
- Estimate type and quantity of materials and labour required for production, construction and other projects
- Consult with production supervisor to schedule production runs in a cost and time-efficient manner
- Meet regularly with other production clerks, warehouse, production and construction supervisors and purchasing and inventory clerks to co-ordinate activities between warehouses and production floors or construction sites
- Co-ordinate and monitor the movement of parts, supplies and materials within an establishment and ensure that supplies, materials and products are shipped and received on schedule
- Prepare and maintain various reports on the progress of work, materials used, rates of production and other production information, using manual or computerized systems.
Outlook & Prospects for Production Clerks in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 14 - Oct 18, 2013
- Cargill estimates that construction of the canola crushing plant in Camrose will provide up to $30M worth of work for local contractors. The City approved a series of upgrades required for the plant, which is expected to be operating around 2014-2015.
- Gibson Energy has announced a new major oil terminal at Hardisty for loading unit trains. Gibson has scheduled the terminal to be operational by March 2014.
- Mr. Mikes SteakhouseCasual is hiring up to 80 employees for a new location in Camrose, with a planned opening in 2014
- Date Modified: