Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes those who perform support functions in courts of law, such as calling court to order, preparing court dockets and maintaining exhibits. Court clerks are employed by federal and provincial courts.
court clerk, court clerk-crier, criminal court clerk, judicial clerk, provincial court clerk.
- Call courts of law to order; read charges; take pleas from defendants; swear in witnesses and perform other clerical functions in the courtrooms
- Prepare court files, court dockets and other documents
- Record main court proceedings, including pleas, names of witnesses, dates, times and rulings
- Manage care and custody of court exhibits
- Prepare documents for and participate in jury selection
- Update and maintain court office paper and electronic indexes and files on actions taken by court or in response to court decisions
- Receive, disburse and account for fines, fees and trust monies
- Assist the public in court offices.
Wages for Court Clerks in Camrose--Drumheller Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: