Explore Careers - Job Market Report
General office clerks prepare correspondence, reports, statements and other material, operate office equipment, answer telephones and perform clerical duties of a general nature according to established procedures. They are employed in offices throughout the public and private sectors.
- Key in, edit, proofread and finalize correspondence, reports, statements, invoices, forms, presentations and other documents, from notes or dictaphone, using computers
- Respond to telephone, in person or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
- Provide general information to clients and the public
- Photocopy and collate documents for distribution, mailing and filing
- Maintain and prepare reports from manual or electronic files, inventories, mailing lists and databases
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically
- Send and receive messages and documents using fax machine or electronic mail
- May perform bookkeeping tasks such as preparing invoices and bank deposits
- May sort, process and verify applications, receipts, expenditures, forms and other documents
- May order office supplies, service office equipment and arrange for servicing in the case of major repairs.
Outlook & Prospects for General Office Clerks in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Oct 14 - Oct 18, 2013
- Cargill estimates that construction of the canola crushing plant in Camrose will provide up to $30M worth of work for local contractors. The City approved a series of upgrades required for the plant, which is expected to be operating around 2014-2015.
- Gibson Energy has announced a new major oil terminal at Hardisty for loading unit trains. Gibson has scheduled the terminal to be operational by March 2014.
- Mr. Mikes SteakhouseCasual is hiring up to 80 employees for a new location in Camrose, with a planned opening in 2014
- Date Modified: