Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Government managers in this unit group plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate economic policy, research and programs in areas of government activity such as taxation, international trade, labour markets, transportation or agriculture. They also plan and direct policies and programs to promote industrial and commercial business development in urban and rural areas. They are employed in government departments and agencies.
chief, economic analysis, chief, forest resource analysis, customs manager, director, business development, director, economic development, director, economic policy analysis, director, energy market analysis, director, excise tax programs, director, farm products marketing, international trade policy manager, manager, grain market analysis, manager, revenue programs, manager, tax policy research, taxation manager, tourism development director, trade development director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the development of economic policy research projects and economic programs
- Participate in the development of departmental policies by providing advice to senior government managers
- Organize departmental unit and establish procedures to meet departmental objectives set by senior management
- Direct and advise economists and other professional staff who conduct economic research, prepare reports or administer programs in areas of government activity such as taxation, international trade, labour, transportation or agriculture
- Direct and advise economic development officers or other staff administering programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban or rural areas
- Plan, administer and control research and administration budgets for projects, support services, equipment or supplies
- Organize and direct committees evaluating departmental or agency projects or programs
- Interview, hire and oversee training and professional development.
Outlook & Prospects for Government Managers – Economic Analysis, Policy Development and Program Administration in Camrose--Drumheller Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Brooks Asphalt and Concrete has been awarded a $2M contract for paving and construction by the Town of Stettler
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- BBC Contractors won the bid to construct the $1.6M Carseland Lagoon earthworks and piping modifications
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Lakeland College is cutting programs and services at the Vermilion and Lloydminster campuses for the 2013-2014 school year. It is estimated that 43 permanent jobs will be eliminated.
- The Alberta Health Services closure of the long-term facility at Strathmore Hospital will affect 19 employees
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Samson Cree Nation pilot program for entrepreneurs started March 4, 2013
- Hope College to launch in Drumheller in fall 2013
- The Whitesand Hutterian Brethren are constructing farm dwellings east of Stettler
- Construction begins on new Rotary Youth Centre in Camrose with completion planned by July 1, 2013
- The Tri-County Job and Career Fair will be held in Killam on May 7, 2013
- Date Modified: