Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanics in this unit group test, repair and service motorcycles, motor scooters, snowmobiles, forklifts and all-terrain vehicles. They are employed by service shops of motorcycle dealers and retailers and by independent service establishments.
all-terrain vehicle repairer, forklift mechanic, industrial truck repairer, motor scooter repairer, motorcycle mechanic, motorcycle mechanic apprentice, snowmobile repairer.
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor
- Inspect and test engine and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment
- Test and adjust repaired systems for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment
- Advise customers on work performed and general condition of equipment
- Determine estimates of repair cost
- May repair and rebuild hoisting mechanism and other mechanical systems on industrial trucks and forklifts.
Wages for Motorcycle and Other Related Mechanics in Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: