Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Blacksmiths forge a variety of metal items, such as tools, chains, wrought iron fixtures, agricultural implements and structural components. Die setters set up forging machines, such as forging presses, drop hammers, forging rolls and upsetters. They are employed primarily by fabricated metal products, machinery and transportation equipment manufacturing companies.
- Heat metal items in forge
- Hammer, punch, cut or otherwise form metal workpieces into desired shapes and sizes
- Forge special tools from metal or devise special jigs or fixtures
- Temper, harden or anneal forged items
- Shape metal using power forging machinery.
- Select dies for forging according to work order and specifications
- Position, align and bolt dies to ram and anvil of power presses and hammers
- Check initial operation of forging machine to ensure that machine is set up properly for use by forging machine operators.
Jobs for Blacksmiths and Die Setters in Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: