Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Light metalworking machine operators operate metalworking machines which shape and form sheet or other light metal into parts or products. They are employed by sheet metal products manufacturing companies, sheet metal shops and other light metal products manufacturing establishments. Heavy metalworking machine operators operate metalworking machines which shape and form steel or other heavy metal into parts or products. They are employed by structural steel fabrication, boiler and platework manufacturing companies, heavy machinery manufacturing companies and in the shipbuilding industry.
disk flange operator, metalworking machine operator, power press operator, press brake operator, punch press operator, roll operator – metal fabrication, saw operator – metal fabrication, shear operator, vertical press operator.
- Read specifications or follow verbal instructions
- Lay out, set up and operate one or more light or heavy metalworking machines such as shears, power presses, saws, plate rolls, drills, brakes, slitters, punch presses, computer numerically controlled (CNC) equipment, and other hand tools to cut, bend, roll, ream, punch and drill, weld or otherwise shape and form metal stock into parts or products
- Operate machines or equipment which weld, solder, bolt, screw or rivet metal parts together
- Check products for correct shapes, dimensions and other specifications
- Troubleshoot and perform corrective action or minor repairs
- May select and transport material to work area manually or using crane or hoist
- May document work completed
- May build staging or erect scaffolding as required for heavy metalworking jobs
- May clean or lubricate equipment and replace parts as required.
Jobs for Metalworking Machine Operators in Calgary Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 4 job postings in Calgary Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-11-29||Corrugation machine operator, sheet metal (Corrugated Steel Pipe)||Armtec||
|2013-11-22||Metalworking machine operator||Advanced Bending Technologies Inc.||
|2013-11-18||Machine operator, metalworking||Fast Labour Solutions||
|2013-08-09||Metalworking machine operator||Marlborough Sheet Metal & Design Ltd.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: