Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes tradespersons and related skilled workers, not elsewhere classified, who repair, service, install, calibrate or fabricate a variety of products. They are employed by a wide range of establishments, or they may be self-employed.
aircraft patternmaker, farrier, gunsmith, locksmith, recreation vehicle technician, safe and vault servicer, saw fitter, small arms repairer, template maker.
- Gunsmiths fabricate guns and repair and modify firearms according to blueprints or customers' specifications.
- Locksmiths repair, install and adjust locks, make keys and change lock combinations.
- Recreation vehicle technicians repair or replace electrical wiring, plumbing, propane gas lines, appliances, windows, doors, cabinets and structural frames in recreational vehicles.
- Safe and vault servicers install, repair and maintain safes and vaults in banks and other establishments.
- Saw fitters repair, set and sharpen band saws, chain saws, circular saws and other types of saw blades according to specifications.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Trades and Related Occupations in Calgary Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 11 - Nov 15, 2013
- The Government of Alberta will spend more than $80M to repair or replace houses damaged by flooding on the Siksika Nation
- RioCan/Tanger Outlets at Calway Park, a new outlet mall, will be built near the City of Calgary. The project is slated for 80 stores and will provide approximately 1,000 jobs on completion.
- Nordstrom is planning to open a store in Calgary's Chinook Centre on September 19, 2014. The company will begin hiring up to 400 employees in January 2014.
- Sears Canada is opening a distribution warehouse in Calgary in late spring 2014. The facility is expected to employ over 100 workers.
- Brookfield Office properties has broken ground on the 56-storey Brookfield Place Calgary east tower. Construction is slated for completion in late 2017.
- Mount Royal University, located in Calgary, has received $85.6M from the Province of Alberta towards construction of the Riddell Library and Learning Centre. Construction is expected to begin in the spring of 2014, with the library opening in early 2017.
- Save-On-Foods has opened a store in Calgary, with two more planned to open by the end of 2013. A fourth location is planned for the city in 2014.
- Save-On-Foods recently opened a store in Calgary and plans to open two more by the end of 2013. A fourth location is planned for the city in 2014.
- Date Modified: