Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes tradespersons and related skilled workers, not elsewhere classified, who repair, service, install, calibrate or fabricate a variety of products. They are employed by a wide range of establishments, or they may be self-employed.
aircraft patternmaker, farrier, gunsmith, locksmith, recreation vehicle technician, safe and vault servicer, saw fitter, small arms repairer, template maker.
- Gunsmiths fabricate guns and repair and modify firearms according to blueprints or customers' specifications.
- Locksmiths repair, install and adjust locks, make keys and change lock combinations.
- Recreation vehicle technicians repair or replace electrical wiring, plumbing, propane gas lines, appliances, windows, doors, cabinets and structural frames in recreational vehicles.
- Safe and vault servicers install, repair and maintain safes and vaults in banks and other establishments.
- Saw fitters repair, set and sharpen band saws, chain saws, circular saws and other types of saw blades according to specifications.
Outlook & Prospects for Other Trades and Related Occupations in Calgary Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Calgary Zoo will be spending $162M over the next 20 years on upgrades and new facilities
- Chestermere Remedy's RX pharmacy has opened in West Creek Plaza
- Doodie Dudes opens for business in High River
- The University of Calgary and the Alberta Children's Hospital Research Institute for Child and Maternal Health have received $1.6M in funding to establish a new research laboratory
- Richardson Bros. Ltd., of Olds, has been awarded a $4.6M contract for road work in Mountain View County
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Calgary Catholic Immigration Society's oil and gas training programs have launched a fast-track power engineering training program
- Construction will begin shortly on the new $3.7M gym for Hugh Sutherland School in Carstairs
- The Town of Cochrane will begin construction on the $1.4M first phase of Riverfront Park by fall of 2013
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- STEPS Bridgeland, a new inner city condo development in Calgary, will begin construction in the fall of 2013
- A new 107-unit seniors care facility is under construction in Olds and scheduled to open by spring of 2014
- Mount Royal University in Calgary will layoff 7 employees due to funding cuts in 2013
- CN Rail opens the $200M Calgary Logistics Park
- Brookfield Residential is launching an inner city housing development in Calgary. The project is expected to be completed in early 2014.
- Two more warehouses will be completed in the Stoney Industrial Centre in northeast Calgary within the next few months
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Siemens AG is moving its Canadian headquarters from Oakville, Ontario to Calgary
- New Walmart warehouse coming to Balzac
- Value Village is expecting to employ 60 people when its new store opens in Calgary on April 11, 2013
- Bow Valley College is offering new health care programs at its High River campus starting in May 2013
- Date Modified: