Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sheet metal workers fabricate, assemble, install and repair sheet metal products. They are employed by sheet metal fabrication shops, sheet metal products manufacturing companies, sheet metal work contractors and various industrial sectors.
apprentice sheet metal worker, sheet metal fabricator, sheet metal mechanic, sheet metal worker, tinsmith.
- Read engineering and architectural drawings, sketches and work specifications to be performed, and lay out, measure and mark sheet metal according to drawings or templates
- Develop patterns for sheet metal using computer-assisted design and drafting (CAD) software package
- Operate light metalworking machines such as shears, brakes, punches, and drill presses, including computer numerical control (CNC) equipment to cut, bend, punch, drill, shape or straighten sheet metal
- Operate computerized laser or plasma cutting equipment to cut sheet metal
- Install and use rigging and hoisting equipment
- Fit and join sheet metal parts using riveting, welding, soldering and similar equipment to fabricate products such as ventilation shafts, exhaust hoods, eavestroughs, partition frames, air and heat ducts, material handling systems, roof decking and sheet metal buildings
- Install sheet metal products according to specifications and building codes
- Grind and buff seams, joints and rough surfaces
- Inspect product quality and installation to ensure conformance to specifications.
Sheet metal workers may specialize in on-site installation or shop manufacture of sheet metal products, or servicing and maintenance of installed equipment and systems.
Jobs for Sheet Metal Workers in Calgary Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 6 job postings in Calgary Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-12-12||custom sheet metal fabricator||DIRTT||
|2013-12-09||Journeyman/woman sheet metal worker (Sheet metal worker (HVAC))||A K Brown Refrigeration & Air Conditioning||
|2013-11-20||Apprentice sheet metal worker||Thunder Controls Inc.||
|2013-10-10||Sheet metal worker (Sheet metal worker for Roofing applications)||Titan Roofing Inc||
|2013-09-10||Sheet metal worker, maintenance (Residential furnace installer)||Simcor Plumbing Corp. O/A Ace Plumbing.||
|2013-09-10||Apprentice sheet metal worker (1-3 Year Sheet Metal (HVAC) Apprentice)||Marlborough Sheet Metal & Design Ltd.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: