Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Clerks in this unit group write correspondence, proofread material for accuracy, compile material for publication and perform other related clerical duties. They are employed by newspapers, periodicals, publishing firms and by establishments throughout the private and public sectors.
advertising clerk, classified advertising clerk, correspondence clerk, directory compiler, editorial assistant, press clipper, proofreader, publication clerk, reader, translation clerk.
- Classified advertising clerks receive customers' orders for classified advertising, write and edit copy, calculate advertising rates and bill customers.
- Correspondence clerks write business and government correspondence such as replies to requests for information and assistance, damage claims, credit and billing enquiries and service complaints.
- Editorial assistants and publication clerks assist in the preparation of periodicals, advertisements, catalogues, directories and other material for publication; proofread material; verify facts and conduct research.
- Proofreaders read material prior to publication to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical or compositional errors within tight deadlines.
- Readers and press clippers read newspapers, magazines, press releases and other publications to locate and file articles of interest to staff and clients.
Outlook & Prospects for Correspondence, Publication and Related Clerks in Calgary Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- The Calgary Zoo will be spending $162M over the next 20 years on upgrades and new facilities
- Chestermere Remedy's RX pharmacy has opened in West Creek Plaza
- Doodie Dudes opens for business in High River
- The University of Calgary and the Alberta Children's Hospital Research Institute for Child and Maternal Health have received $1.6M in funding to establish a new research laboratory
- Richardson Bros. Ltd., of Olds, has been awarded a $4.6M contract for road work in Mountain View County
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- The Calgary Catholic Immigration Society's oil and gas training programs have launched a fast-track power engineering training program
- Construction will begin shortly on the new $3.7M gym for Hugh Sutherland School in Carstairs
- The Town of Cochrane will begin construction on the $1.4M first phase of Riverfront Park by fall of 2013
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- STEPS Bridgeland, a new inner city condo development in Calgary, will begin construction in the fall of 2013
- A new 107-unit seniors care facility is under construction in Olds and scheduled to open by spring of 2014
- Mount Royal University in Calgary will layoff 7 employees due to funding cuts in 2013
- CN Rail opens the $200M Calgary Logistics Park
- Brookfield Residential is launching an inner city housing development in Calgary. The project is expected to be completed in early 2014.
- Two more warehouses will be completed in the Stoney Industrial Centre in northeast Calgary within the next few months
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Siemens AG is moving its Canadian headquarters from Oakville, Ontario to Calgary
- New Walmart warehouse coming to Balzac
- Value Village is expecting to employ 60 people when its new store opens in Calgary on April 11, 2013
- Bow Valley College is offering new health care programs at its High River campus starting in May 2013
- Date Modified: