Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Oil and gas well drilling workers operate drilling and service rig machinery as intermediate members of the rig crew. Oil and gas well services operators drive trucks and operate specialized hydraulic pumping systems to place cement in wells or to treat wells with chemicals, sand mixtures or gases to stimulate production. Workers in this unit group are employed by drilling and well service contractors and by petroleum producing companies.
acid truck driver, blender operator – oil field services, cementer – oil field services, chemical services operator, coiled tubing operator, derrickman/woman, formation fracturing operator, motorman/woman – oil and gas drilling, nitrogen operator, pumper operator, pumpman/woman – oil field services.
- Align and manipulate sections of pipe or drill stem from platform on rig derrick during removal and replacement of strings of pipe, or drill stem and drill bit
- Operate and maintain drilling mud systems and pumps during drilling, and mix mud chemicals and additives
- Record mud flows and volumes and take samples
- Operate and maintain drilling rig diesel motors, transmissions and other mechanical equipment
- Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs
- Supervise floorhands and labourers.
- Drive well services truck to well site
- Assemble pumping equipment and attach pumps and hoses to wellhead
- Operate hydraulic pumping systems to pump chemicals, gases, sand, cement or other material into well
- Read gauges to monitor pressure, density, rate and concentration and adjust pumping procedure as required
- May mix chemicals and cements.
Jobs for Oil and Gas Well Drilling Workers and Services Operators in Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 2 job postings in Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-11-28||Derrickhand - oil and gas drilling (Rockwell Servicing Partnership)||Ensign Energy Services||
|2013-11-07||Derrickhand - oil and gas drilling (Rockwell Servicing Partnership)||Ensign Energy Services||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: