Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes specialists in public relations and communications who develop and implement communication and promotion strategies and information programs, publicize activities and events, and maintain media relations on behalf of businesses, governments and other organizations, and for performers, athletes, writers and other talented individuals. They are employed by consulting firms, corporations, associations, government, social agencies, museums, galleries, public interest groups, and cultural and other organizations, or they may be self-employed. Agents such as entertainment, literary and sports agents are included in this unit group.
communications officer, communications specialist, fundraising consultant, information officer, literary agent, media co-ordinator, media relations officer, museum educator, performers agent, press secretary, public affairs officer, public relations consultant, public relations officer, publicist, publicity agent.
- Develop, implement and evaluate communications strategies and programs designed to inform clients, employees and the general public of initiatives and policies of businesses, governments and other organizations
- Gather, research and prepare communications material for internal and external audiences
- Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys to identify the interests and concerns of key groups served by their organization
- Prepare or oversee preparation of reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Web sites and press releases
- Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes
- Prepare and deliver educational and publicity programs and informational materials to increase awareness of museums, galleries and other tourist attractions
- Initiate and maintain contact with the media
- Arrange interviews and news conferences
- Act as spokesperson for an organization and answer written and oral inquiries
- Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions for internal and external audiences
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
- Represent and act as an agent for talented individuals or individuals with specific occupational expertise
- Prepare or oversee preparation of sports, literary, performance or other contracts.
Literary agents specialize in representing specific types of authors and writers. Performance agents specialize in representing specific singers, musicians, actors or other performers. Sports agents specialize in representing specific athletes or sports teams.
Jobs for Professional Occupations in Public Relations and Communications in Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: