Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial engineering and manufacturing technologists and technicians may work independently or provide technical support and services in the development of production methods, facilities and systems, and the planning, estimating, measuring and scheduling of work. They are employed by manufacturing and insurance companies, government departments, and establishments in other industries.
CAD/CAM programmer, industrial engineering technician, industrial engineering technologist, loss prevention technologist, manufacturing technician, manufacturing technologist, planning technician, plastics manufacturing technician, pulp and paper manufacturing technologist, quality assurance technologist, scheduling technician – manufacturing, textile technologist, time study analyst.
- Develop and conduct production, inventory and quality assurance programs in manufacturing or in other industries
- Design plant layouts and production facilities
- Develop and carry out work study and related programs
- Develop and carry out industrial health, safety and fire prevention plans and programs and conduct safety training programs
- Develop applications using CAD/CAM (computer-assisted drafting, computer-assisted manufacturing) for the control of robots, computer numerical control (CNC) machines and other manufacturing processes and operations.
- Assist in the design of plant layouts
- Conduct work measurement or other studies
- Collect and compile operational or experimental data and assist in the development of estimates, schedules, specifications and reports
- Collect and analyze data and samples in support of quality assurance and industrial health and safety programs
- Develop manufacturing and processing procedures and variables, set machine or equipment controls, oversee production and inspect processes.
Technologists and technicians in this unit group may specialize in the development of production processes, quality assurance programs, plans and schedules in a particular industrial area such as metal fabrication, plastics, pulp and paper, or textile manufacturing.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians in Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region||N/A||N/A|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
- Imperial Oil Ltd.'s Kearl oil-sands mine, located north of Fort McMurray, will begin production shortly
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Wood Buffalo municipal council approves expropriation of seven downtown properties to make room for sports and entertainment complex
- Study from the Petroleum Human Resources Council of Canada expects to see almost 32,000 job vacancies over the next 10 years in the oilsands
- Date Modified: