Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Boat assemblers assemble wooden, fibreglass and metal boats, such as sailboats, motorboats, canoes and cabin cruisers. Boat inspectors check assembled boats to ensure proper product quality. They are employed by boat and marine craft manufacturing companies.
aluminum boat assembler, boat assembler, boat inspector, canoe assembler, fibreglass boat assembler, motorboat assembler, sailboat assembler.
- Cut, shape and join timber pieces or assemble pre-cut timber pieces to make a wooden boat using hand and power tools
- Assemble prefabricated parts and sections of fibreglass, metal or other material to form complete boat
- Caulk decks and hulls using caulking gun
- Install trims, rudders, seats, engine mounts and other accessories using hand tools
- May repair boats.
- Inspect assembled boats for defects and conformance to quality standards
- Mark defects to be repaired
- Make minor adjustments and repairs
- Record information on products inspected.
Wages for Boat Assemblers and Inspectors in Edmonton Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: