Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who fabricate, assemble and inspect mechanical and metal products, such as aircraft and aircraft parts, heavy trucks, buses, trailers, motor vehicle engines, transmissions, heating equipment, commercial refrigeration and similar metal products. They are employed by a wide variety of manufacturing companies.
aircraft assembly foreman/woman, engine assembly foreman/woman (except aircraft), foreman/woman, metalworking machine operators, foreman/woman, mobile home assembly, shipyard painter foreman/woman, supervisor, helicopter assembly, supervisor, snowmobile assembly, truck trailer assembly foreman/woman.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of workers who assemble and inspect products such as aircraft, buses, heavy trucks, transmissions, automobile engines and refrigeration and heating equipment
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Prepare production and other reports
- May set up machinery and equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Other Mechanical and Metal Products Manufacturing in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Alberta.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A|
|Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region||N/A||N/A|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||N/A||N/A|
|Red Deer Region||N/A||N/A|
|Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region||N/A||N/A|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of May 20 – May 24, 2013
- Biorefinex Canada Ltd. plans to begin construction of a $32M bio refinery in Lacombe by the fall of 2013. The plant is expected to be operational in 2014 and employ up to 30 full-time staff.
- Greys Paper Recycling Industries has opened a $20M recycling facility at the Edmonton Waste Management Centre and is planning to hire an additional 45 employees by mid-June 2014
Week of Apr 01 – Apr 05, 2013
Week of Mar 11 – Mar 15, 2013
- Patheon Inc. is closing its Banner Pharmacaps facility in Olds by October 31, 2013. More than 100 employees will lose their jobs when the closure is complete, but company officials anticipate that the layoffs may begin on March 16, 2013.
Week of Feb 25 – Mar 01, 2013
- Date Modified: