Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Farm supervisors supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers and perform general farm duties. Specialized livestock workers carry out feeding, health and breeding programs on dairy, beef, sheep, poultry and hog farms and may also supervise general farm workers and harvesting labourers.
cattle herdsperson, dairy herdsperson, farm foreman/woman, farm supervisor, feedlot foreman/woman, hog operation supervisor, horse trainer, poultry farm foreman/woman, ranch foreman/woman, swine herdsperson, vegetable farm foreman/woman.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the work of general farm workers and harvesting labourers
- Supervise breeding programs and harvest operations
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures
- Maintain quality control and production records
- Perform general farm duties.
Specialized livestock workers perform some or all of the following duties:
Farm supervisors may specialize in dairy, poultry, swine, beef, sheep, fruit, vegetable, mixed, specialty and equine farms.
- Formulate a feeding program
- Maintain livestock performance records
- Carry out a pasture or pen breeding program
- Recognize and treat certain livestock health problems
- Train horses
- Perform general farm duties
- May supervise general farm workers and harvesting labourers.
Specialized livestock workers usually specialize in one type of farm animal, such as beef cattle, dairy cattle or swine.
Wages for Farm Supervisors and Specialized Livestock Workers in Edmonton Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: