Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses greet patrons and escort them to tables, and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of food and beverage servers. They are employed in restaurants, hotel dining rooms, private clubs, cocktail lounges and similar establishments.
- Receive and record patrons' reservations and assign tables
- Greet patrons at entrance of dining room, restaurant, or lounge and escort them to tables or other seating areas
- Speak with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and attend to complaints
- Order necessary dining room supplies and equipment
- Inspect dining and serving areas and equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of food and beverage servers and other serving staff
- Accept payment from patrons for food and beverage
- Maintain financial statements and records and ensure safe-keeping
- Prepare work schedules and payrolls
- Interview candidates for food and beverage server positions and train new employees
- May be responsible for marketing and advertising the dining establishment.
Outlook & Prospects for Maîtres d'hôtel and Hosts/Hostesses in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
|Edmonton Region||<Not assigned>||2011-02-11|
The occupation is termed "significant" due to the relatively high concentration of people working in this occupation within this geographic area.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- McDonalds held its third annual National Hiring Day on Thursday. The company is seeking 300–400 employees in Edmonton and the surrounding area.
Week of Dec 03 – Dec 07, 2012
- De Dutch Pancake House opened its only Alberta restaurant in downtown Edmonton on November 6th. The new restaurant has created 18 part-time positions for cooks and service staff.
Week of Nov 26 – Nov 30, 2012
Week of Nov 19 – Nov 23, 2012
- Date Modified: