Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Maîtres d'hôtel and hosts/hostesses greet patrons and escort them to tables, and supervise and co-ordinate the activities of food and beverage servers. They are employed in restaurants, hotel dining rooms, private clubs, cocktail lounges and similar establishments.
- Receive and record patrons' reservations and assign tables
- Greet patrons at entrance of dining room, restaurant, or lounge and escort them to tables or other seating areas
- Speak with patrons to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and attend to complaints
- Order necessary dining room supplies and equipment
- Inspect dining and serving areas and equipment
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of food and beverage servers and other serving staff
- Accept payment from patrons for food and beverage
- Maintain financial statements and records and ensure safe-keeping
- Prepare work schedules and payrolls
- Interview candidates for food and beverage server positions and train new employees
- May be responsible for marketing and advertising the dining establishment.
Wages for Maîtres d'hôtel and Hosts/Hostesses in Edmonton Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
|Athabasca--Grande Prairie--Peace River Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
|Banff--Jasper--Rocky Mountain House Region||10.15||10.15||13.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Calgary Region||10.15||10.15||13.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Camrose--Drumheller Region||10.15||10.15||10.15||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Edmonton Region||9.75||10.29||16.50||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Lethbridge--Medicine Hat Region||10.15||10.15||12.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Red Deer Region||10.15||10.15||13.00||NoteLink opens in a new window|
|Wood Buffalo--Cold Lake Region||N/A||N/A||N/A||Note|
- Date Modified: