Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Instructors and teachers of persons with disabilities teach children and adults with physical and developmental disabilities communication techniques, such as Braille or sign language, and rehabilitation skills to increase independence and mobility. They are employed in rehabilitation centres, specialized educational institutes and throughout the elementary and secondary school system.
instructor, orientation and mobility, job coach for persons with disabilities, rehabilitation instructor, sign language instructor, teacher of Braille, teacher of persons who are blind, teacher of persons who are hearing impaired, teacher of persons who are intellectually impaired, teacher of persons with a physical disability, teacher, rehabilitation.
- Instruct students who are blind or visually impaired in reading and writing Braille and in the use of special equipment
- Instruct students who are deaf or hearing impaired in lip-reading, finger spelling and sign language, according to individual communication needs
- Instruct students who are hearing impaired in formation and development of sounds for speech using hearing aids and other devices
- Instruct individuals with physical disabilities and their families in the use of rehabilitative techniques, prosthetic devices, wheelchairs and other equipment designed to minimize the effects of a disability
- Assist individuals with intellectual impairments and physical disabilities to develop life skills, and provide job training and support.
Outlook & Prospects for Instructors and Teachers of Persons with Disabilities in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 06 – May 10, 2013
- TransCanada Corporation is spending $900M to build a new pipeline from Edmonton to Hardisty
- Costco Wholesale Canada is building a new store in St. Albert. The store is the first part of a large regional commercial development for the area
- The Derrick Golf and Winter Club in Edmonton is spending $12M to develop its golf course and club facilities
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Capital Power has selected Genesee as the site for a natural gas powered electricity generating plant. Construction is planned to start in 2015.
- Kal-Tire is moving its planned $25M tire plant from Regina to the Edmonton area
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Staff in some NAIT programs are being asked to consider leaving the institution through voluntary redundancy; approximately 36 vacant positions will not be filled
- McDonalds held its third annual National Hiring Day on Thursday. The company is seeking 300–400 employees in Edmonton and the surrounding area.
- Date Modified: