Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Midwives are primary care providers who provide full-course care to women and their babies during pregnancy, labour, birth and the post-natal period. They are employed in hospitals, birthing centres and private practice. Practitioners of natural healing provide alternative forms of health care to patients. They are employed by clinics, health clubs, spas or health food stores, or they may work in private practice.
Chinese medical practitioner, acupuncturist, herbalist, herborist, homeopath, homeopathist, midwife, reflexologist, rolfer.
- Midwives provide full-course care to women and their babies during pregnancy, labour, birth and the post-natal period including monitoring the health of mother and baby; managing labour and spontaneous normal deliveries; caring for, assessing and monitoring the healthy newborns; and providing advice and information regarding care for newborns and young infants;
- Acupuncturists diagnose the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients and treat them by the insertion of acupuncture needles or through the use of heat, pressure, electric current or rays of light.
- Chinese medical practitioners diagnose the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients and treat them using raw herbs and other medicines, dietary supplements or acupuncture.
- Herbalists advise patients on the use of herbs for the treatment of conditions such as arthritis, rheumatism, asthma, skin disorders and stomach ailments and may sell these herbs.
- Homeopaths diagnose illnesses and treat them by administering, in chemical or herbal form, a small dosage of the illness itself or by suggesting lifestyle changes.
- Reflexologists apply gentle finger pressure to specific spots on the clients' hands or feet to promote relaxation and better health and well-being.
- Rolfers systematically manipulate various parts of the body such as the legs and shoulders in order to realign the structure of the body and reduce chronic pain and stress.
Jobs for Midwives and Practitioners of Natural Healing in Edmonton Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 3 job postings in Edmonton Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-11-19||Doctor of acupuncture (Acupuncturist)||Back In Line Chiropractic & Massage||
|2013-08-23||Shiatsu therapist||Body By Bennett Ltd.||
|2013-05-30||shiatsu therapist||BODY BY BENNETT LTD.||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: