Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Midwives are primary care providers who provide full-course care to women and their babies during pregnancy, labour, birth and the post-natal period. They are employed in hospitals, birthing centres and private practice. Practitioners of natural healing provide alternative forms of health care to patients. They are employed by clinics, health clubs, spas or health food stores, or they may work in private practice.
Chinese medical practitioner, acupuncturist, herbalist, herborist, homeopath, homeopathist, midwife, reflexologist, rolfer.
- Midwives provide full-course care to women and their babies during pregnancy, labour, birth and the post-natal period including monitoring the health of mother and baby; managing labour and spontaneous normal deliveries; caring for, assessing and monitoring the healthy newborns; and providing advice and information regarding care for newborns and young infants;
- Acupuncturists diagnose the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients and treat them by the insertion of acupuncture needles or through the use of heat, pressure, electric current or rays of light.
- Chinese medical practitioners diagnose the diseases, physiological disorders and injuries of patients and treat them using raw herbs and other medicines, dietary supplements or acupuncture.
- Herbalists advise patients on the use of herbs for the treatment of conditions such as arthritis, rheumatism, asthma, skin disorders and stomach ailments and may sell these herbs.
- Homeopaths diagnose illnesses and treat them by administering, in chemical or herbal form, a small dosage of the illness itself or by suggesting lifestyle changes.
- Reflexologists apply gentle finger pressure to specific spots on the clients' hands or feet to promote relaxation and better health and well-being.
- Rolfers systematically manipulate various parts of the body such as the legs and shoulders in order to realign the structure of the body and reduce chronic pain and stress.
Outlook & Prospects for Midwives and Practitioners of Natural Healing in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Capital Power has selected Genesee as the site for a natural gas powered electricity generating plant. Construction is planned to start in 2015.
- Kal-Tire is moving its planned $25M tire plant from Regina to the Edmonton area
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Staff in some NAIT programs are being asked to consider leaving the institution through voluntary redundancy; approximately 36 vacant positions will not be filled
- McDonalds held its third annual National Hiring Day on Thursday. The company is seeking 300–400 employees in Edmonton and the surrounding area.
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Date Modified: