Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Inspectors in this unit group evaluate and monitor health and safety hazards and develop strategies to control risks in the workplace. They inspect restaurants, public facilities, industrial establishments, municipal water systems and other workplaces to ensure compliance with government regulations regarding sanitation, pollution control, the handling and storage of hazardous substances and workplace safety. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
environmental health officer, hazardous waste inspector, health and safety officer, health standards inspector, occupational health and safety officer, pollution control inspector, public health inspector, restaurant inspector, rodent control inspector, supervisor, public health inspectors, water inspector.
- Inspect the sanitary conditions of restaurants, hotels, schools, hospitals and other public facilities or institutions
- Conduct surveys and monitoring programs of the natural environment to identify sources of pollution
- Collect samples of water for analysis; measure physical, biological and chemical workplace hazards; and conduct safety and environmental audits
- Investigate health and safety related complaints, spills of hazardous chemicals, outbreaks of diseases or poisonings and workplace accidents
- Inspect workplaces to ensure that equipment, materials and production processes do not present a safety or health hazard to employees or to the general public
- Develop, implement and evaluate health and safety programs and strategies
- Initiate enforcement procedures to fine or to close an establishment contravening municipal, provincial or federal regulations
- Provide consultation and deliver training programs to employers, employees and the general public on issues of public health, environmental protection or workplace safety.
Jobs for Inspectors in Public and Environmental Health and Occupational Health and Safety in Edmonton Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are 9 job postings in Edmonton Region.
|Date Posted||Job Title||Employer||Location||Source|
|2013-05-21||Safety officer (Experience in Trucking Industry Required)||MacDougal Transport||
|2013-05-16||Officer, occupational health and safety (Shop Safety Supervisor)||Waiward Steel Fabricators Ltd||
|2013-05-14||Inspector, environmental health (Hazardous Materials Technologist)||PHH ARC Environmental Ltd.||
|2013-05-14||Health and safety officer (Health and Safety Advisor for Trades)||Tarpon Construction Management Ltd.||
|2013-05-13||Occupational health and safety officer (Camp Safety Supervisor)||Sysco Edmonton||
|2013-05-10||Inspector, occupational health and safety (HSE Manager)||Jacobs||
|2013-05-10||Health and safety officer (Safety Supervisor)||Stuart Olson Dominion Construction Ltd.||
|2013-05-08||Safety officer (Experience in Trucking Industry Required)||MacDougal Transport||
|2013-04-23||safety officer||EMPLOYMENT OFFICE||
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: