Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Administrative clerks compile, verify, record and process forms and documents, such as applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations and requisitions, in accordance with established procedures, guidelines and schedules. They are employed throughout the private and public sectors.
administrative clerk, application clerk, authorization clerk, by-law clerk, customs clerk, documentation clerk, import clerk, licence clerk, office administration clerk, passport clerk, registration clerk, registry clerk, ward clerk – hospital, warranty clerk.
- Compile, verify, record and process applications, licences, permits, contracts, registrations, requisitions, and other forms and documents in accordance with established procedures and schedules, using computerized and manual processing systems
- Authorize and issue licences, permits, registration papers, reimbursements or other material after requesting documents have been processed and approved
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and order supplies as required
- Prepare reports and presentations and provide information to staff and general public regarding company and program rules, regulations and procedures
- Assist in the co-ordination of administrative procedures such as budget submissions, contracts administration and work schedules
- May be responsible for some accounting tasks
- May organize and co-ordinate flow of work for general office clerks and data entry clerks.
Outlook & Prospects for Administrative Clerks in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Job growth in the occupation is expected to be limited in the near future. However, numerous job openings will result from the need to replace workers who transfer to other occupations or leave this occupation for other reasons each year. Opportunities should be best for applicants with extensive knowledge of software applications.
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 29 – May 03, 2013
- Capital Power has selected Genesee as the site for a natural gas powered electricity generating plant. Construction is planned to start in 2015.
Week of Apr 22 – Apr 26, 2013
Week of Apr 15 – Apr 19, 2013
- Staff in some NAIT programs are being asked to consider leaving the institution through voluntary redundancy; approximately 36 vacant positions will not be filled
Week of Apr 08 – Apr 12, 2013
- Date Modified: