Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Purchasing agents and officers purchase general and specialized equipment, materials and business services for use or for further processing by their establishment. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
contract management officer, contracts officer, materiel management officer, procurement officer, purchaser, furniture and furnishings, purchasing agent, purchasing officer, supply officer, government.
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials or business services for use or for further processing by their establishment
- Assess requirements of an establishment and develop specifications for equipment, materials and supplies to be purchased
- Invite tenders, consult with suppliers and review quotations
- Determine or negotiate contract terms and conditions, award supplier contracts or recommend contract awards
- Establish delivery schedules, monitor progress and contact clients and suppliers to resolve problems
- May hire, train or supervise purchasing clerks.
Purchasing agents and officers may specialize in the purchase of particular materials or business services such as furniture or office equipment.
Outlook & Prospects for Purchasing Agents and Officers in Edmonton Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market NewsWeek of Nov 18 - Nov 22, 2013
- MCL Waste Systems is planning a $22M waste processing and recycling facility for Drayton Valley. The project, which has already received $10M from the Alberta carbon tax fund, plans to produce a pelleted end product that can be used for energy production.
- Alberta Human Services is sponsoring the Oil and Gas Employment Fair in Sherwood Park on October 28, 2013. Pre-employment preparatory sessions are also being offered from October 22-24 to assist candidates with their resumes.
- Capital Power has selected Genesee as the site for a natural gas powered electricity generating plant. Construction is planned to start in 2015.
- South African-based diesel producer, Sasol, proposes to build an $8 billion plant near Fort Saskatchewan that would produce diesel fuel from natural gas
- Date Modified: