Explore Careers - Job Market Report
School principals plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of teachers and other staff of an elementary or secondary school. They are employed by public and private schools. Administrators of elementary and secondary education plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the academic affairs of a school system. They are employed by school boards.
administrator, board of education, chief superintendent – schools, director of education, correctional institution, director of school for the hearing impaired, district school superintendent, headmaster/mistress, private school, school principal, secondary school principal, superintendent of elementary education, superintendent of secondary schools, superintendent of special education, vice-principal, school.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through department heads or supervisors, the activities of teachers and support staff
- Review programs to ensure conformance to school board or provincial standards and develop programs within limits of authority
- Co-ordinate teaching activities of the institution by making personnel assignments, determining class size and preparing timetables
- Organize and maintain procedures for the keeping of records
- Prepare and administer institution or program budget
- Direct and co-ordinate school maintenance services and the use of school facilities
- May recruit and hire teachers and other staff
- May teach.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through school principals, the academic affairs of a school district
- Evaluate curriculum, teaching methods and community participation in programs for a school district and revise programs as required
- Develop and administer programs for the education and training of students and adults
- Make recommendations concerning the annual operating budget of a school district
- Direct or supervise the recruitment, appointment, training, evaluation and promotion of teaching personnel.
Jobs for School Principals and Administrators of Elementary and Secondary Education in Edmonton Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Edmonton Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: