Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Forging machine operators operate forging machines to form and shape metal into various shapes and sizes and impart desired strength, hardness or other characteristics. They are employed primarily in the fabricated metal products, machinery, and transportation equipment industries.
bending machine operator, cold drawn operator, cold press operator, forging press operator, hot press operator, manipulator operator, trip hammer operator, upsetter operator.
- Operate gas or oil fired furnaces to heat metal to proper temperature prior to forging
- Place metal pieces in furnace using hand tongs or overhead cranes and remove from furnace when colour of metal indicates proper forging temperature, or load and unload furnace with automatic conveyor
- Position heated or cold metal pieces, on die of press or other forging machinery
- Operate presses or other forging machines to perform hot or cold forging by flattening, straightening, twisting, forming, drawing, upsetting, splitting, cutting, punching, piercing, bending, coining, or other operations to shape or form metal
- Position and adjust dies on anvil of forging machinery using overhead cranes or other hoisting devices and hand tools.
Wages for Forging Machine Operators in Yellowknife Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
- Date Modified: