Explore Careers - Job Market Report
General farm workers plant, cultivate and harvest crops, raise livestock and poultry and maintain and repair farm equipment and buildings. This group includes operators of farm machinery. General farm workers are employed on crop, livestock, fruit, vegetable and specialty farms.
beef cattle farm worker, cattle ranch labourer, dairy farm worker, farm machinery operator, general farm worker, grain farm worker, harvester machine operator, hatchery worker, poultry farm worker, vegetable farm worker.
- Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops
- Feed and tend livestock and poultry
- Milk cows
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
- Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
General farm workers can become specialized in a particular type of crop or livestock production through experience.
Jobs for General Farm Workers in Yellowknife Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Yellowknife Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: