Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Logging machinery operators operate cable yarding systems, mechanical harvesters and forwarders and mechanical tree processors and loaders to fell, yard and process trees at logging sites. They are employed by logging companies and contractors.
chipping machine operator, delimber operator, feller buncher operator, feller forwarder operator, grapple operator – logging, linehorse operator, loader operator – logging, log processor operator, rigging slinger, shortwood harvester operator, slasher operator – logging, steel spar operator, treelength forwarder operator, yarder operator.
- Cable yarding system operators operate machines to transport trees from logging areas to landing or log loading sites in mountainous terrain in western Canada.
- Mechanical harvester and forwarder operators assess site and terrain and drive heavy equipment to perform a combination of felling, slashing, bucking, bunching and forwarding operations at logging areas.
- Mechanical tree processor and loader operators operate a variety of machines which perform a combination of slashing, bucking, chipping, sorting and loading logs or trees at landing sites.
Outlook & Prospects for Logging Machinery Operators in Yellowknife Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Northwest Territories.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
- November 2013 | (PDF, 535 KB)
- October 2013 | (PDF, 606 KB)
- September 2013 | (PDF, 430 KB)
- August 2013 | (PDF, 436 KB)
- July 2013 | (PDF, 498 KB)
- June 2013 | (PDF, 450 KB)
- May 2013 | (PDF, 217 KB)
- April 2013 | (PDF, 250 KB)
- March 2013 | (PDF, 215 KB)
- February 2013 | (PDF, 213 KB)
- January 2013 | (PDF, 446 KB)
- Annual Edition 2012 | (PDF, 199 KB)
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market NewsWeek of Sep 09 - Sep 13, 2013
- Dominion Diamonds has announced plans to expand the Ekati Mine, extending its life by 10 to 15 years
- A $12M wood pellet project to be built near Enterprise has been delayed until negotiations with the local Aboriginal communities are finalized. The project is expected to create 50 positions if completed.
- Date Modified: