Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanics in this unit group test, repair and service small gasoline and diesel-powered equipment, such as garden tractors, outboard motors, lawn mowers and other related equipment. They are employed by dealer service shops and by independent service establishments.
air-cooled engine mechanic, lawn and garden equipment technician, lawn mower repairer, gasoline powered, motor boat mechanic, outboard motor mechanic, small engine technician, small equipment mechanic apprentice, small equipment repairer.
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor
- Inspect and test engine, motors and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment
- Test and adjust repaired equipment for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment
- Advise customers on work performed and general condition of equipment
- Determine estimates of repair cost.
Jobs for Other Small Engine and Equipment Mechanics in Yellowknife Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Provincial Employment Services and Training Assistance
Want to get back into the workforce? Find out what programs and services the Northwest Territories government has to help.
Information for Newcomers
Can I immigrate to Canada to work in this field?
You may be eligible to apply as a federal skilled worker if you have an arranged offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, or if you have been living legally in Canada for one year as an international student or temporary foreign worker. Find out more about who is eligible to apply in the Federal skilled worker section.
- Date Modified: