Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Blacksmiths forge a variety of metal items, such as tools, chains, wrought iron fixtures, agricultural implements and structural components. Die setters set up forging machines, such as forging presses, drop hammers, forging rolls and upsetters. They are employed primarily by fabricated metal products, machinery and transportation equipment manufacturing companies.
- Heat metal items in forge
- Hammer, punch, cut or otherwise form metal workpieces into desired shapes and sizes
- Forge special tools from metal or devise special jigs or fixtures
- Temper, harden or anneal forged items
- Shape metal using power forging machinery.
- Select dies for forging according to work order and specifications
- Position, align and bolt dies to ram and anvil of power presses and hammers
- Check initial operation of forging machine to ensure that machine is set up properly for use by forging machine operators.
Outlook & Prospects for Blacksmiths and Die Setters in Yellowknife Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 07 – May 11, 2012
Week of Apr 30 – May 04, 2012
Week of Mar 26 – Mar 30, 2012
Week of Mar 19 – Mar 23, 2012
- Date Modified: