Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes plumbing and other pipefitting trade contractors who own and operate their own businesses. This group also includes supervisors who supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers classified in the following unit groups: <i>Plumbers</i> (7251), <i>Steamfitters, Pipefitters and Sprinkler System Installers</i> (7252) and <i>Gas Fitters</i> (7253). They are employed by construction companies, mechanical, plumbing and pipefitting trade contractors and maintenance departments of industrial, commercial and manufacturing establishments.
contractor, pipefitting, contractor, plumbing, foreman/woman, gas fitters, foreman/woman, pipefitters, foreman/woman, plumbers, foreman/woman, sprinkler system installers, foreman/woman, steamfitters, supervisor, gas fitters, supervisor, plumbers, supervisor, steamfitters.
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of workers who install, repair and maintain piping systems used for the transmission of steam, heat, water, oil and other liquids and gases in residential, commercial, industrial and other installations
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other departments
- Requisition materials and supplies
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Train or arrange for training of workers
- Recommend personnel actions such as hirings and promotions
- Ensure standards for safe working conditions are observed
- Prepare schedules and other reports
- May manage the operations of own company
- May supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of related apprentices, helpers and labourers.
Wages for Contractors and Supervisors, Pipefitting Trades in Yellowknife Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: