Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Animal care workers feed, handle, train and groom animals and assist veterinarians, animal health technologists and technicians and animal breeders. Pet groomers clip coats, bathe and otherwise groom pets. Workers in this group are employed by animal hospitals and clinics, animal shelters, breeding and boarding kennels, zoos, laboratories, retail pet shops, dog training schools, pet grooming establishments, or may be self-employed.
animal care worker (except farm), dog groomer, dog trainer, kennel attendant, laboratory animal attendant, pet groomer, pound attendant, veterinary attendant, zoo attendant.
- Prepare food and feed animals, fish or birds at scheduled intervals
- Clean and disinfect cages, pens and surrounding areas
- Shampoo, clip and groom animals
- Assist veterinarians and animal health technologists and technicians to inoculate and treat animals
- Assist animal breeders to handle and nurture animals
- Assist scientists and researchers in conducting laboratory tests with animals
- Monitor and document animal behaviour
- Train dogs to obey commands and perform specific duties in response to signals.
Wages for Pet Groomers and Animal Care Workers in Yellowknife Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: