Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Food and beverage servers take patrons' food and beverage orders and serve orders to patrons. They are employed in restaurants, hotels, bars, taverns, private clubs, banquet halls and similar establishments.
banquet server, captain waiter/waitress, chief wine steward, cocktail waiter/waitress, food and beverage server, formal service waiter/waitress, waiter/waitress, wine steward.
- Greet patrons, present menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages
- Take orders and relay to kitchen and bar staff
- Recommend wines that complement patrons' meals
- Serve food and beverages
- Prepare and serve specialty foods at patrons' tables
- Present bill to patrons and accept payment
- Order and maintain inventory of wines and wine glassware
- Perform sensory evaluation of wines.
Outlook & Prospects for Food and Beverage Servers in Yellowknife Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Provincial Employment Potential Information
The following table identifies employment conditions within Northwest Territories.
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Labour Market Bulletins
An analysis of the local labour market and an assessment of local employment-related events.
Provincial / Territorial Labour Market News
Week of Sep 24 – Sep 28, 2012
- Date Modified: