Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sports officials and referees observe and enforce rules and regulations governing sporting events, athletic games and sports competitions. They are employed by national, provincial and local sporting commissions, organizations and leagues.
athletics judge, clerk of the course – racetrack, figure skating judge, goal judge, harness racing starter, racetrack timer, referee, sports linesman/woman, sports official, umpire.
- Officiate at sporting events or athletic competitions to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules and safety regulations are observed
- Record lapsed time and keep scores during events or competitions
- Judge the performance of competitors, award points, impose penalties for infractions and determine results
- Compile scores and other athletic records
- Establish and maintain rapport with coaches, players and organizing committees
- Verify credentials of athletes or animals engaged in sports or related special events and respond to written protests.
Jobs for Sports Officials and Referees in Yellowknife Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Provincial Employment Services and Training Assistance
Want to get back into the workforce? Find out what programs and services the Northwest Territories government has to help.
Information for Newcomers
Can I immigrate to Canada to work in this field?
You may be eligible to apply as a federal skilled worker if you have an arranged offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, or if you have been living legally in Canada for one year as an international student or temporary foreign worker. Find out more about who is eligible to apply in the Federal skilled worker section.
- Date Modified: