Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Sports officials and referees observe and enforce rules and regulations governing sporting events, athletic games and sports competitions. They are employed by national, provincial and local sporting commissions, organizations and leagues.
athletics judge, clerk of the course – racetrack, figure skating judge, goal judge, harness racing starter, racetrack timer, referee, sports linesman/woman, sports official, umpire.
- Officiate at sporting events or athletic competitions to maintain standards of play and to ensure that game rules and safety regulations are observed
- Record lapsed time and keep scores during events or competitions
- Judge the performance of competitors, award points, impose penalties for infractions and determine results
- Compile scores and other athletic records
- Establish and maintain rapport with coaches, players and organizing committees
- Verify credentials of athletes or animals engaged in sports or related special events and respond to written protests.
Wages for Sports Officials and Referees in Yellowknife Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the national level.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: