Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Graphic arts technicians assist in conceptualizing a project, interpreting design specifications or sketches, preparing the page make-up, lay-out and lettering, and preparing production materials for press, electronic or multimedia publishing. They are employed by publishing, communications, advertising, marketing, printing and multimedia establishments, and by television and film production companies. They may also be self-employed.
animated cartoon technician, animation painter, computer graphics technician, graphics technician, multimedia graphic design technician.
- Review the graphic designer's instructions
- Produce or assist in developing and producing design concepts
- Capture elements such as titles, text, drawings, illustrations, graphics, lettering, colour harmonization, etc. using a computer
- Produce computerized images and drawings
- Digitize images using peripherals and transform them using retouching systems, graphic palettes or specialized software
- Perform the layout, page make-up and placement using the conceptual mock-ups provided
- Produce proofs and camera-ready materials and prepare film and any other prepress materials
- Paint or ink individual cells of 2-D or 3-D animated drawings according to animator's specifications using an electronic palette
- Lay out, draw or paint letters, figures, logos and designs for windows, advertisements, billboards, vehicles, books and publications using specialized software or painting equipment
- Work in an interdisciplinary environment.
Outlook & Prospects for Graphic Arts Technicians in Yellowknife Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 07 – May 11, 2012
Week of Apr 30 – May 04, 2012
Week of Mar 26 – Mar 30, 2012
Week of Mar 19 – Mar 23, 2012
- Date Modified: