Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Drafting technologists and technicians prepare engineering designs, drawings and related technical information, in multidisciplinary engineering teams or in support of engineers, architects or industrial designers, or they may work independently. They are employed by consulting and construction companies, utility, resource and manufacturing companies, all levels of government and by a wide range of other establishments.
architectural draftsperson, computer-assisted design and drafting technologist, computer-assisted drafting (CAD) technician, design and drafting technologist, drafting technician, drafting technologist, draftsperson, electrical draftsperson, electromechanical draftsperson, electronic draftsperson, engineering design and drafting technologist, mechanical draftsperson, steel detailer – drafting, structural draftsperson, structural steel drafter-detailer, supervisor, drafting office.
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
- Develop and prepare design sketches
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Write technical reports
- Prepare contracts and tender documents
- Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches
- Operate computer-assisted drafting equipment or a conventional drafting station
Jobs for Drafting Technologists and Technicians in Yellowknife Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Yellowknife Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada¿s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: