Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Drafting technologists and technicians prepare engineering designs, drawings and related technical information, in multidisciplinary engineering teams or in support of engineers, architects or industrial designers, or they may work independently. They are employed by consulting and construction companies, utility, resource and manufacturing companies, all levels of government and by a wide range of other establishments.
architectural draftsperson, computer-assisted design and drafting technologist, computer-assisted drafting (CAD) technician, design and drafting technologist, drafting technician, drafting technologist, draftsperson, electrical draftsperson, electromechanical draftsperson, electronic draftsperson, engineering design and drafting technologist, mechanical draftsperson, steel detailer – drafting, structural draftsperson, structural steel drafter-detailer, supervisor, drafting office.
- Develop and prepare engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, engineering calculations, specification sheets and other data
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
- Develop and prepare design sketches
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Write technical reports
- Prepare contracts and tender documents
- Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates
- Supervise and train other technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Develop and prepare engineering drawings, plans, diagrams or layouts from sketches
- Operate computer-assisted drafting equipment or a conventional drafting station
Outlook & Prospects for Drafting Technologists and Technicians in Yellowknife Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 07 – May 11, 2012
- Date Modified: