Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics repair, maintain, calibrate, adjust, and install industrial measuring and controlling instrumentation. They are employed by pulp and paper processing companies, nuclear and hydro power generating companies, mining, petrochemical and natural gas companies, industrial instrument and other manufacturing companies, and by industrial instrument servicing establishments.
apprentice industrial instrument mechanic, industrial instrument mechanic, instrument technician, industrial, instrumentation technician, industrial, process control equipment mechanic.
- Consult manufacturer's manuals, circuit diagrams and blueprints to determine tests and maintenance procedures for instruments used for measuring and controlling flow, level, pressure, temperature, chemical composition and other variables in manufacturing and processing
- Inspect and test operation of instruments and systems to diagnose faults using pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices and precision measuring instruments
- Repair and adjust system components, such as sensors, transmitters and programmable logic controllers, or remove and replace defective parts
- Calibrate components and instruments according to manufacturers' specifications
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance work and complete test and maintenance reports
- Install control and measurement instruments on existing and new plant equipment and processes
- Consult with and advise process operators.
Outlook & Prospects for Industrial Instrument Technicians and Mechanics in Yellowknife Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of May 07 – May 11, 2012
Week of Apr 30 – May 04, 2012
Week of Mar 26 – Mar 30, 2012
Week of Mar 19 – Mar 23, 2012
- Date Modified: