Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Metallurgical and materials engineers conduct studies of the properties and characteristics of metals and other non-metallic materials and plan, design and develop machinery and processes to concentrate, extract, refine and process metals, alloys and other materials such as ceramics, semiconductors and composite materials. Metallurgical and materials engineers are employed in consulting engineering firms, mining, metal processing and manufacturing companies, and in government, research and educational institutions.
ceramics engineer, corrosion engineer, electrometallurgical engineer, foundry engineer, hydrometallurgical engineer, materials engineer, metallurgical engineer, physical metallurgical engineer, pyrometallurgical engineer, welding engineer.
- Conduct studies and design, develop and specify the processes, and machinery to concentrate, extract, refine and process metals from ores
- Conduct studies on the properties and characteristics of materials and design, develop and specify processes for moulding, shaping, forming and thermal treatment of metals, alloys and metallic systems, ceramics, semiconducting and other materials
- Conduct chemical and physical analytical studies, failure analyses and other studies and recommend material selection, design of materials, corrosion control measures, operational testing and other procedures
- Co-ordinate production testing and control of metal refining, smelting or foundry operations or non-metallic materials production operations
- Supervise technologists, technicians and other engineers and scientists.
Wages for Metallurgical and Materials Engineers in Yellowknife Region
Wages depend on job requirements and work conditions. They also vary between regions, for reasons such as location, labour agreements, and the availability of workers. The wages below are estimated before taxes.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the national level.
Due to data limitations, the wage for this occupation cannot be published. Please refer to the wage published for this occupation at the provincial or territorial level.
- Date Modified: