Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: <i>Mail, Postal and Related Clerks</i> (1461), <i>Letter Carriers</i> (1462) and <i>Couriers, Messengers and Door-to-Door Distributors</i> (1463). They are employed by Canada Post Corporation, courier companies, governments and large corporations.
courier service supervisor, letter carriers supervisor, mail and postal clerks supervisor, mail room supervisor, messenger service supervisor, postal station supervisor, postmaster/mistress.
- Co-ordinate, assign and review the work of postal clerks, letter carriers and couriers engaged in the collecting, sorting and delivering of mail, parcels and other material
- Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
- Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
- Train workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition supplies and materials
- Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
- May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
Outlook & Prospects for Supervisors, Mail and Message Distribution Occupations in Yellowknife Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
- Date Modified: