Explore Careers - Job Market Report
This unit group includes managers who plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of comprehensive recreational, sports and fitness programs and services, national or provincial sports governing agencies and professional athletic teams. They are employed by municipalities, community and private recreational and fitness organizations, sports governing agencies and professional athletic team organizations.
YMCA (Young Men's Christian Association) programs director, director of recreation, director of sports administration, professional football team manager, professional hockey team manager, professional track and field team manager, recreation director, sports association director, sports federation director, sports program director.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of recreation, sports and fitness programs and services
- Provide technical and professional advice on recreation, sports and fitness matters
- Prepare budget estimates and develop policies and procedures to implement programs
- Manage the operations of a sports governing agency
- Organize and administer national and provincial training, coaching, officiating and other programs associated with a particular sport
- Manage the operations of a professional athletic team
- Recruit professional coaches and athletes
- Direct fundraising drives and arrange for sponsorships from public and private organizations
- Develop long range plans and negotiate business contracts.
Jobs for Recreation, Sports and Fitness Program and Service Directors in Yellowknife Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Provincial Employment Services and Training Assistance
Want to get back into the workforce? Find out what programs and services the Northwest Territories government has to help.
Information for Newcomers
Can I immigrate to Canada to work in this field?
You may be eligible to apply as a federal skilled worker if you have an arranged offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, or if you have been living legally in Canada for one year as an international student or temporary foreign worker. Find out more about who is eligible to apply in the Federal skilled worker section.
- Date Modified: