Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Senior government managers and officials plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, the major activities of municipal or regional governments or of provincial, territorial or federal departments, boards, agencies or commissions. They establish the direction to be taken by these organizations in accordance with legislation and policies made by elected representatives or legislative bodies.
assistant deputy minister, chairperson, Human Rights Commission, chief administrative officer – regional municipality, chief statistician – government services, city administrator, deputy minister, director general – government services, executive director – government services, high commissioner.
- Establish objectives for the organization in accordance with government legislation and policy, formulate or approve and evaluate programs and procedures alone or in conjunction with senior government committees
- Advise elected representatives on policy questions and refer any major policy matters to these representatives for final decision
- Recommend, review, evaluate and approve documents, briefs and reports submitted by middle managers and senior staff members
- Ensure appropriate systems and procedures are developed and implemented to provide budgetary control
- Co-ordinate department activities with other senior government managers and officials
- Make presentations to legislative and other government committees regarding policies, programs or budgets.
Jobs for Senior Government Managers and Officials in Yellowknife Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
Provincial Employment Services and Training Assistance
Want to get back into the workforce? Find out what programs and services the Northwest Territories government has to help.
Information for Newcomers
Can I immigrate to Canada to work in this field?
You may be eligible to apply as a federal skilled worker if you have an arranged offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, or if you have been living legally in Canada for one year as an international student or temporary foreign worker. Find out more about who is eligible to apply in the Federal skilled worker section.
- Date Modified: