Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Water well drillers operate a variety of mobile water well drilling rigs and equipment to drill and monitor residential, commercial and industrial water wells. They are employed by water well drilling contractors and governments, or they may be self-employed.
cable tool driller – water well drilling, churn drill operator – water well drilling, water well driller, water well driller apprentice.
- Review client requirements and proposed locations for water wells
- Operate water well drilling rigs and other equipment to drill, bore and dig for residential, commercial and industrial water wells or environmental assessment, and install well screens, casings and other well fixtures
- Document geological formations encountered
- Clean and disinfect wells in preparation for use
- Perform routine mechanical maintenance work on water well drilling rigs and equipment
- Install, test, maintain and repair water well pumps, piping systems and equipment and perform pumping tests to assess well performance
- May provide other drilling services, such as repair or dismantling of existing water well structure, elevator shaft drilling and hydro pole drilling.
Water well drillers may specialize in a specific method of drilling, such as cable, rotary, auger, hammer or reverse circulation drilling.
Outlook & Prospects for Water Well Drillers in Iqaluit Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 30 – May 04, 2012
Week of Apr 23 – Apr 27, 2012
- The Arviat Diamond Driller’s Training Program provides workers to fill jobs with drilling contractors in the Kivalliq region
Week of Apr 16 – Apr 20, 2012
Week of Mar 26 – Mar 30, 2012
- Date Modified: