Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Mechanics in this unit group test, repair and service motorcycles, motor scooters, snowmobiles, forklifts and all-terrain vehicles. They are employed by service shops of motorcycle dealers and retailers and by independent service establishments.
all-terrain vehicle repairer, forklift mechanic, industrial truck repairer, motor scooter repairer, motorcycle mechanic, motorcycle mechanic apprentice, snowmobile repairer.
- Review work orders and discuss work to be performed with supervisor
- Inspect and test engine and other mechanical components using test devices to diagnose and isolate faults
- Adjust, repair or replace mechanical or electrical system parts and components using hand tools and equipment
- Test and adjust repaired systems for proper performance
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on equipment
- Advise customers on work performed and general condition of equipment
- Determine estimates of repair cost
- May repair and rebuild hoisting mechanism and other mechanical systems on industrial trucks and forklifts.
Outlook & Prospects for Motorcycle and Other Related Mechanics in Iqaluit Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 30 – May 04, 2012
Week of Apr 23 – Apr 27, 2012
- The Arviat Diamond Driller’s Training Program provides workers to fill jobs with drilling contractors in the Kivalliq region
Week of Apr 16 – Apr 20, 2012
Week of Mar 26 – Mar 30, 2012
- Date Modified: