Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics install and maintain oil, coal and wood heating systems in residential and commercial buildings. They are employed by heating systems installation and service companies.
heating system mechanic, heating technician, oil burner apprentice, oil burner installer, oil burner mechanic, oil burner mechanic apprentice, oil burner mechanic, residential, wood burner installer.
- Read and interpret drawings or specifications to determine work to be performed
- Lay out oil burner heating system components and assemble components using hand and power tools
- Install oil burner components such as thermostats, motors, piping and safety devices, and connect to fuel supply, ventilation and electrical system
- Test installed unit and adjust controls for proper functioning
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning oil burners, and their components and controls
- Install, maintain and repair coal and wood heating systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on oil and solid fuel heating systems.
Jobs for Oil and Solid Fuel Heating Mechanics in Iqaluit Region
Job opportunities from Job Bank and contributing job sites are updated daily.
There are currently no job offers available in Iqaluit Region for this occupation.
Where to look for job opportunities
Job postings can be found in many places: on the Internet, on community bulletin boards, at job fairs or in newspaper
help wanted sections.
Information about available work is often circulated through managers, employees and business associates, as well as through family, friends and acquaintances. Networking Link opens in a new window is one of the best ways to search for jobs.
RSS job search feed
Subscribe to the Canada’s National Job Bank's RSS job search feedLink opens in a new window and receive automatic job posting updates for the location and occupation you have selected.
- Date Modified: