Explore Careers - Job Market Report
Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics install and maintain oil, coal and wood heating systems in residential and commercial buildings. They are employed by heating systems installation and service companies.
heating system mechanic, heating technician, oil burner apprentice, oil burner installer, oil burner mechanic, oil burner mechanic apprentice, oil burner mechanic, residential, wood burner installer.
- Read and interpret drawings or specifications to determine work to be performed
- Lay out oil burner heating system components and assemble components using hand and power tools
- Install oil burner components such as thermostats, motors, piping and safety devices, and connect to fuel supply, ventilation and electrical system
- Test installed unit and adjust controls for proper functioning
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning oil burners, and their components and controls
- Install, maintain and repair coal and wood heating systems
- Perform scheduled maintenance service on oil and solid fuel heating systems.
Outlook & Prospects for Oil and Solid Fuel Heating Mechanics in Iqaluit Region
The future forecast and current conditions for an occupation can vary based on location or due to changes in the economy, technology, or demand for a product or service.
Local Employment Potential Information
|Location||Employment Potential||Release Date|
Local Labour Market News
Week of Apr 30 – May 04, 2012
Week of Apr 23 – Apr 27, 2012
- The Arviat Diamond Driller’s Training Program provides workers to fill jobs with drilling contractors in the Kivalliq region
Week of Apr 16 – Apr 20, 2012
Week of Mar 26 – Mar 30, 2012
- Date Modified: